Experience & Profile
Partner at Clyde & Co, London (1977 - 2009)
Joint Head of Shipping
- Extensive arbitration experience in all fields of maritime practice including charterparty and bill lading disputes, shipbuilding, maritime insurance and commodities.
- Represented owners, charterers and insurers in both court and arbitration proceedings world-wide.
Permanent Secretary at International Associate of Classification Societies (IACS), London (2009 - 2015)
- Headed the 12 member organisation during a very difficult period of regulatory investigation by the EU ending in a successful resolution.
- Substantial experience in class / shipbuilding practices in Japan, Korea and China.
Arbitrator, London (2009 - Present)
- Full time arbitrator with over 100 appointments in all fields of maritime law.
- Supporting Member of the LMAA for over thirty years.
- Solicitor (non practising)
- Baltic Exchange Member
- Council Member London Shipping Law Centre